The Jade Egg is a piece of pure jade gemstone that is carved into a small egg shape. It has a hole drilled through it so that you can use fresh string and control your experiences from practice to removal. They are also called Yoni Eggs as they can come in other gemstone variations.
The first time we heard about Yoni Eggs was in the Chinese Empire when the Empresses were taught from a young age to enjoy the good life and part of this was to strengthen life energy, which is also the sex energy. This is achieved by strengthening the pelvic and vaginal muscles with a Yoni Egg.
The Yoni Egg helped them learn how to reach orgasm without a partner and how to pleasure the Empire. It helps to increase orgasmic pleasure for both partners – deeper, more intense and more frequent orgasms for women due to increased vaginal sensitivity and awakened sexual energy; as well as tighter and more control over vaginal muscles. It helps to build the Qi (Chi) life force within the vagina, to connect to the womb that according to the Tao is the source of the feminine sexuality and the feminine divine.
It awakens and cultivates divine feminine sexual and sensual energy.
The Chinese doctors also knew that there are other benefits to practicing with Yoni Eggs as it tones the pelvic floor and helps prevent uterine, bladder and vaginal prolapse as well as loss of bladder control/incontinence. It tones the vaginal muscles pre and post child birth, making for easier childbirth and recovery. It restores vaginal elasticity and relieves the symptoms of PMS and menopause.
Today we found more benefits for this old practice such as:
- Assists in energetic clearing of any sexual trauma;
- Increases vaginal lubrication;
- Restores hormonal balance;
- Stimulates vaginal reflexology points – harmonising any imbalances of the body, just as with acupuncture;
- Very grounding;
- Anti-aging practice that creates an energetic lift throughout the body causing a natural facelift;
- An interesting fact is that it can also help in toning down strong pelvic muscles. Yes, it can do both, strengthening and toning down because pelvic muscles that are too strong are not optimal for health and as for sexual pleasure, you need to be able to “melt” your pelvic floor, to let go. For other benefits, feel free to read more here: Yoni Eggs
The Jade Egg comes with a pouch for storage, a brush for cleaning and the floss for the string.
Jade Egg for pelvic floor strength.
From the Traditional Chinese, Jade is a very powerful healing stone. It is known to protect the wearer from negative energies.
In the Mayan tradition, Jade is also considered a sacred, healing stone. It was used to connect family members with each other when they were apart.
How to prepare your Jage Egg:
- Clean the holes with the pipe cleaner.
- Boil the Jade Egg on the stove for 10 minutes. You may add one drop of tea tree. Make sure the water covers the egg and let it boil for 10 min. Please don’t let the water evaporate.
- Take it out with a spoon and let it cool down.
- Measure out the floss string to the length of your entire arm and cut it.
- Make sure you knot the loose ends and make sure the knotted end is not next to the egg, but at the end of the string, as far away from the egg as is possible to have it.
- If you are not ready to use it yet, store it in its bag.
Some important notes:
- Don’t use it on your period.
- Don’t use it if you are pregnant.
- It is also advised to use extra caution and awareness if you have an IUD. If you cramp, stop the practice, rub your lower belly, and relax. You can come back to it another time.
Know your egg.
For some of us, once we sterilize the egg we can start the practice while others will need to create a relationship with it by like holding it, placing it under the pillow and sleeping with it a few nights before they actually start practicing with it. Find a special place for it, I don’t recommend in the drawer as it can get lost and out of sight. One can also hold it next to your heart or womb.
It is your journey.
Preparing the Jade Egg:
- Make sure you have the space and time for the practice.
- Make sure you are comfortable, loose clothes or naked.
- Have some lube around – coconut oil is great!
- Warm your Jade Egg between your hands, or place it on your body or under warm water.
- Don’t stress out if you don’t feel the egg at the beginning.
I will share 2 ways to practice it and you may find others online. Find the one that you connect to the most.
How to practice it:
- Practice some self-love. Massage yourself gently with the intention of relaxing and awaking your senses.
- Ask permission from your yoni to insert the egg. Some days you will feel more resistance than others and respect it. Practicing with the Jade Egg is also about self awareness for your body and paying attention to what it tells you. Place one hand on your heart and one on your womb or yoni and try to feel the connection. Take a moment and try to feel it. Ask your yoni if it is ok to insert the Jade Egg.
- Bring the fat side (not the one with the string) to the opening of your vagina, past your inner labia, move the egg in circles and find the best angle where it is easier to insert the egg. Once you have found the place, stay there for a moment and just feel it.
- As you inhale, gently sip or squeeze the tip of your Jade Egg with your inner labia. Upon exhaling, relax your grip and feel like your vaginal canal yawns open. What you are doing is creating a vacuum that will suck in your egg. Do this sipping and yawning until you feel your egg start to move inwards. Be as slow as you need and gentle as you can.
Now you have a choice to get up and wear the egg for your day or you can choose to take it out if you feel tired, any kind of cramping, or if it comes out on its own.
You can choose to wear it for your day and do your usual routine as long as it is not high intensity. It will remind you where your centre is. You can also use it before having sex which will stimulate your vagina and lift your life energy. Some even use it during sexual activity.
If you choose to remove it, just gently pull on the string as you push down with your pelvic floor.
If you want to continue with a practice then read on:
- Tone and relaxation: lie with your feet hip-width apart and with your arms at your side. As you inhale, raise your pelvis up off the floor as high as it is comfortable for you to do so. When you exhale, you will slowly roll down through your spine and fully relax to open your pelvis. Repeat this exercise 3 – 9 times. Rest afterwards.
- Continence and pleasure – Straighten out your legs, bring them hip-width apart and flex your feet strongly. Move your flexed feet in towards each other until you feel your big toes connect. Then move your feet away from each other as far as you can while keeping your feet flexed and knees straight. Notice which part of your pelvis activates with the different movements.
- Bring your legs in tightly together so that your ankles are touching and flex one foot while you point the other foot. For greater sensitivity, place your fingertips above your pubic bone pointing down towards the bone and imagine you can feel the inside of your vagina moving. As you slowly flex the pointed foot and point the flexed foot, be aware that one side of your vagina is lengthening while the other side is shortening. The slower you do this, the more powerful the exercise.
- Try to bring awareness to your vagina. Try to contract the left side only for a few seconds and release. Then try to contract the right side for a few seconds and let go. At the beginning it might only be in your head and in your intentions, but with time, you will feel it in your vagina.
- Try to feel the egg and pull it up into your vagina and hold it there for a few minutes, then push it down for a few minutes.
Be sure to clean your Jade Egg. Remove it gently and dispose of the floss, clean the hole with the pipe cleaner, rinse thoroughly with warm water and let it sit to dry. Do NOT use soap. You may use a few drops of tea tree or grapefruit seed extract in a glass of warm water as a cleansing soak afterwards.
Occasionally, give your egg a salt bath to clear any build-up of energy.
Some like to use the full moon energy and put the Jade Egg out that night.
Remember to always use FRESH floss string with each use to keep things clean and hygienic.
Please note that there are different sizes on the market. The ones that I choose to bring are medium size as I believe those are the best size. The larger ones are heavier and as we do not like to tighten our muscles too much and I would advise you not to take the larger size. If you choose to go to the heavier ones, it would be better to work with someone. The smaller ones I feel are too small.
This Yoni Balm uses ethically sourced ingredients and is designed to nourish us and it has been found to be excellent for chronic infections, irritation, sensitivity, thin skin, general lubrication and nourishment as well as a supportive treatment for UTIs, prolapse and stress incontinence. It is also excellent for postpartum recovery and healing.
Queen Anne’s Lace
Queen Anne’s Lace has a rich history of use as an implantation inhibitor and contraceptive since over 2000 years ago. Queen Anne’s Lace was already mentioned by Hippocrates described as an abortiﬁcant.
In North America, women in the Appalachian Mountains have used Queen Anne’s Lace seeds to regulate their fertility for hundreds of years and in India, women in Rajasthan take Queen Anne’s Lace seeds in a water mixture or chew seeds to reduce fertility.