Also known as a Yoni Egg, Jade Egg is a gemstone that is carved into a small egg shape with a hole drilled through it so that you can use fresh string and control your experiences from practice to removal. They come in other gemstone variations, but this particular egg is made from pure jade.
Yoni Eggs originate from the Chinese Empire when the Empresses were taught from a young age to enjoy the good life and part of this was to strengthen life energy, which is also the sex energy. This is achieved by strengthening the pelvic and vaginal muscles with a Yoni Egg.
It helps to increase orgasmic pleasure for both partners – deeper, more intense and more frequent orgasms for women due to increased vaginal sensitivity and awakened sexual energy; as well as tighter and more control over vaginal muscles. It helps to build the Qi (Chi) life force within the vagina, to connect to the womb that according to the Tao is the source of the feminine sexuality and the feminine divine. It awakens and cultivates divine feminine sexual and sensual energy.
The Chinese doctors also knew that there are other benefits to practicing with Yoni Eggs as it tones the pelvic floor and helps prevent uterine, bladder and vaginal prolapse as well as loss of bladder control/incontinence. It tones the vaginal muscles pre and post child birth, making for easier childbirth and recovery. It restores vaginal elasticity and relieves the symptoms of PMS and menopause.
Other benefits include:
- Assists in energetic clearing of any sexual trauma;
- Increases vaginal lubrication;
- Restores hormonal balance;
- Stimulates vaginal reflexology points – harmonising any imbalances of the body, just as with acupuncture;
- Very grounding;
- Anti-aging practice that creates an energetic lift throughout the body causing a natural facelift;
- An interesting fact is that it can also help in toning down strong pelvic muscles. Yes, it can do both, strengthening and toning down because pelvic muscles that are too strong are not optimal for health and as for sexual pleasure, you need to be able to “melt” your pelvic floor, to let go.
The Jade Egg comes with a pouch for storage, a brush for cleaning and the floss for the string.